ux strategy | task analysis | usability evaluation | ui design
CogBooks is an educational tech startup that uses machine learning algorithms to personalize the content for university students. When I joined I was the only designer in the company. My primary responsibility was to redesign the existing interface for students since they found it difficult to navigate through the application.
• I started off as the only designer in the company and I was responsible for all the product related decisions.
• I designed the concepts for an authoring tool based on the requirements of the users. I conducted a competitor analysis prior to that, in order to develop a strategy for the design direction.
• I visualized the different learning paths based on the underlying algorithm and accordingly designed a simplified user interface for the students.
• I worked closely with the clients in universities and constantly received positive feedback for the simplified redesigns.
• I created the specifications document for the development team and worked with them closely throughout the development process.
I had extensive discussions with the internal team and external clients, before proposing a strategy for the redesign. I followed the below process for this project.
I prepared an outline of the changes to be made and divided it into four phases based on priority of the clients and time needed for development. The changes were as planned as shown in the below document.
The final phase of the design process involved a complete redesign of the application. Below is the design proposal document.